T-levels are a new, two-year, career-focused qualification and one of a number of post-16 education options in England, alongside A-levels and apprenticeships.

There are over 20 T-levels subjects on offer, with 16 available now and more being rolled-out in future years. A full and up-to-date list of courses is available on the T-levels website for students.

T-level courses are backed by businesses. They’ve been designed with employers to develop the knowledge, attitude and practical skills young people need. One T-level is equivalent to three A-levels, so has the same UCAS points value (the system that calculates university offers). 80% of the course is delivered in a classroom setting. In addition to this, each course has a 45-day industry placement with an employer that makes up the remaining 20% of young people’s learning.

Young people study one T-level over the two years, but each course has a varied curriculum of core content as well as options to specialise, so they can get the experience that’s right for them.

No, T-levels keep their options open and help young people progress into skilled employment – either directly into work on an apprenticeship, or via further study like higher technical qualifications or a university degree.

To find the T-levels available near you, use the find your nearest T-level tool.

There are a number of options. Students learn in state-of-the-art facilities at schools or colleges across England and will do their 45-day industry placement with reputable local or national employers. You can find details of schools or colleges offering T-levels on the find your nearest T-level tool.

Each T-level provider has their own entry requirements and application process. Find your nearest T-level provider and get in touch with them for more information.

The T-level Transition Programme is a one-year course for after GCSEs that helps students get ready for their chosen T-level subject. More details on the Programme will be available from your nearest T-level provider.

T-levels are different from other vocational courses, like BTECs, because they’ve been developed with employers, using occupational standards as their reference. T-levels give young people the detailed skills and knowledge they need through learning in the classroom, and the space to apply what they’ve learned to the real working world through the 45-day industry placement. Unlike other vocational subjects, the T-levels subjects have been developed to address skill gaps in the current jobs market.

T-levels and apprenticeships are both based upon the same standards which are designed by employers. An apprenticeship includes some part-time study but apprentices spend most of their time in the workplace training in a paid job. A T-level is mostly school or college based, with the industry placement allowing students to put their skills and knowledge into practice in the real working world.

T-levels are designed to prepare young people for the world of work but their next step options remain open at the end of the course. Students aren’t guaranteed a job but they will be well prepared for the world of work or further study.

The T-team is a rounded group of diverse ambassadors that has come together to help raise awareness of T-levels and reassure parents about the benefits the qualification can offer. Bringing together The Apprentice Star and father-of-two Tim Campbell with employers, students, parents, careers advisers and teachers across the country, the T-team is on a united quest to share their personal experiences of T-levels and help parents feel clued up about T-levels so they feel equipped to consider it as a viable option for their teenager.